|Blade Type||Double Edge|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
A functional sword is a weapon that is not only designed to be visually appealing but also capable of serving its intended purpose effectively. These swords are often crafted with an emphasis on durability, balance, and functionality for martial arts, historical reenactments, or practical use. Here is a description of a functional sword:
- Blade: The blade is the most critical component of a functional sword. It is typically made from high-quality steel, often carbon steel or stainless steel. The blade should be sharp enough to cut or thrust effectively, and its edge may vary in sharpness depending on its intended use (e.g., sharp for cutting or dull for training).
- Edge: Functional swords have a well-defined edge, either sharpened to a fine edge for cutting or left blunt for safety during practice. The sharpness and angle of the edge are carefully designed for the sword's intended purpose.
- Point: The point of the sword is designed for thrusting. It should be sufficiently tapered and sharp to penetrate targets accurately.
- Tang: The tang is the part of the blade that extends into the hilt or handle. In functional swords, the tang is typically full or extended, which means it runs the length of the handle for added strength and durability.
- Hilt: The hilt of a functional sword consists of several components, including the guard (crossguard), grip, and pommel. The guard is designed to protect the wielder's hand and can come in various shapes and styles. The grip is often made from materials like wood, leather, or synthetic materials, providing a comfortable and secure hold. The pommel serves to balance the sword and can vary in design.
- Balance: A well-made functional sword has a carefully balanced design to ensure it handles well and feels comfortable in the hand. The point of balance (POB) is usually located a few inches from the guard, giving the sword good maneuverability.
- Scabbard: Many functional swords come with a scabbard, a sheath that protects the blade when not in use. The scabbard is often made from wood, leather, or other materials and is designed to securely hold the sword.
- Decoration: While functionality is the primary focus, some functional swords may feature decorative elements. These can include engraved or etched designs on the blade, ornate guard and pommel designs, and decorative materials on the grip.
- Historical or Thematic Design: Functional swords may be designed to replicate historical sword styles from various time periods and cultures. They can also be themed after fantasy or fictional works.
- Intended Use: The functionality of the sword is closely tied to its intended use. Functional swords can be used for martial arts training, historical reenactments, stage combat, or as collector's items. The design and construction may vary depending on the intended purpose.
Functional swords are designed not only to look impressive but to perform effectively in their intended roles, whether that involves combat practice, historical accuracy, or simply adding a touch of elegance to a collection.
- Item Code: SD62A
- Production Capacity: 500 Pieces per month
- Delivery Time: 60 Days
- Packaging Details: Corrugated Box